Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Found Art

So today I purged...my artwork. I have saved portfolioS worth of artwork that really means nothing to me. I am really embarrassed of a lot of it. I saved a couple of items to serve as inspiration for lessons in my classes, but basically it was garbage. It turns out I learned more in my training in California for my art studio in 6 weeks than I even came close to learning in college. College was about creating and I really didn't learn much of anything.
Anyway, this self-portrait I found made me laugh because of my "over-itness" of not learning that I literally stuck my tongue out and stared in a mirror for hours to create this piece. It's now in the garbage can. Cattina, were you in this class? I am pretty sure Leslie was.
For those of you that didn't know me, I have naturally curly hair and straighten it now, so that's why it may look more NOT like me than really. It's still pretty bad though! I loved me some turtlenecks then though!

1 comment:

the cat is back said...

haha, i remember that pict. Yep, i was in that class. my self portrait looks like i have 2 black eyes....the teacher kept telling me to add more and more blue to make shadows, it turned out mess! lol