I'm bored, procrastinating, and thought I'd come up with a random post of stuff I am presently into:
• The Shin's new album "Wincing the Night Away"
• Martha Stewart cooking recipes
• Riding my bike to class in nice weather in 10 minutes as opposed to driving and looking for a spot for 30 min.
• Not traveling in holiday traffic for Thanksgiving
• Owning a home that we do what we want to, when we want
• Learning in school what I care about and not feeling like I am wasting my time
• Working on a laptop-on top of my lap
• America's Next Top Model, Veronica Mars, General Hospital
• And especially America's Funniest Videos
• Competing with Temp in Jeopardy
• Pumpkin pie....yum
• Taking a nap with my cat on my stomach
• New coat
• Having my husband around to laugh with, constantly
• Hearing our wedding song "The Way you Look Tonight"
• Having H&M at the MacArthur Mall
• OK magazine
• Developing websites
• Having my curly hair back
• Renting movies from the Naro
Monday, November 13, 2006
Wednesday, November 01, 2006
As incredible as it sounds, men and women took baths only twice a year (May and October)! Women kept their hair covered, while men shaved their heads (because of lice and bugs) and wore wigs. Wealthy men could afford good wigs made from wool. They couldn't wash the wigs, so to clean them they would carve out a loaf of bread, put the wig in the shell, and bake it for 30 minutes. The heat would make the wig big and fluffy, hence the term "big wig." Today we often use the term "here comes the Big Wig" because someone appears to be or is powerful and wealthy.