Monday, December 29, 2008

Fave Pics from National Zoo

I really have a passion for animals. Templeton even got me a membership to the Virginia Zoo. I love taking pictures, then creating art from them. Here are some of my favorites...just some...


I have always loved pandas, and I love that my cat kinda looks like one! There are only 1200 left in the world.
Spectacled bear, he was super tired.
All of these wild animals, but man, I really do like donkeys, they have such character!
Tiger was super hungry, looking for someone to feed him!
This lioness was beautiful...I can't wait to draw her!
Orangutans had free range to climb a tower and cross over the zoo, over the people, on thick wires. Temp and I loved this. He has pictures I hope he posts that give the scope of the event.
I decided to zoom in with my camera on his hands because they just looked beautiful, powerful and peaceful.
He was contemplating climbing the wires. I love his positioning.
Thinking much?
Little dude, looking happy!
Temp and I watched a documentary on red pandas a while back and think they are adorable.
Repetition of triangles and threes.
This guy kept pounding his chest, it sounded amazing. Like a hollow drum.
Love the otters, they were quick and hard to get a picture of.
Lemurs are cute how they jump around. Here's looking at you kid!

For more pictures, you can go to my flickr page here

3 comments:

Templeton said...

Good Times! It's interesting seeing your pictures after looking through my pictures from the same trip. They'll probably get posted to Flickr soon.

Anonymous said...

those are some great shots!

Unknown said...

Omygoodness!! I love the pictures of the Orangutans. They are amazing creatures. Definitely a favorite. You got some awesome pictures!!!