Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Ornament 2008

As most of you know, Templeton and I make Christmas ornaments every year together to decorate our tree. We like making art together, and our ornaments have a lot more meaning if they are made by us! So last night, we brought our craft supplies to our friends house and shared our tradition with them. I decided to spend quality time on one ornament this year, as opposed to years past where I made a couple.
My friend Andrew had mentioned making a cube. So I took some left over mat board and made a cube 3" x 3". I saw red paint and painted it. I put glitter borders and decided I wanted to put pictures on the sides of the cube. I added charcoal at the end to give an antiqued look. My grandfather is in the hospital very sick, so I was feeling sentimental about family. This cube is dedicated to our families:

My brothers Brian, Kyle and Rob
My grandparents with my nephew Colin.
Temp and I in Peru. The picture that started this project.
The 4 Generations of O'Connor's: Rob (brother), Grandpa, Dad and nephew Colin. Underneath are the girls, sister-in-law Lila, my mom, me, and sister-in-law Lisa.
Temp's side: Chris, Amy, Christopher and Mary on top. Mr. and Mrs. Elliott on the horses.
Salvador makes it to the top with the hanging ribbon to put on the tree.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kellie, that is just beautiful. What a wonderful keepsake that you can treasure for years to come.

Anonymous said...

you guys are so creative!

Princess Betsy said...

Absolutely Awesome!