Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Collage

Man, I am so driven to make art lately! The most ever that I can remember. I am spending my planning periods at school just wanting to create, experiment, etc.
I drew a cartoon character in my sketchbook and I really didn't like the head. So I flipped thru magazines intending on just making a random collage. I found this head in National Geographic and thought it would be a cool replacement head! I colored his body in, then decided to make it look like he was painting a streak of paint thru the air. Then I found these dogs that took forever to cut out!! A little marker grass and watercolor sky and I am pretty stoked with the results. I have never done something like this before. I just think black children are beautiful and this kid radiated sunshine to me!

2 comments:

b rendan said...

omg. "radiated sunshine." really?

Carol Ann said...

only black children? that's way harsh, Kellette.