Sunday, December 07, 2008

DC Portfolio Day

Brendan, I thought of you when I saw this...more for the Obama part. But I liked catching the guy working on this gigantic banner!

It snowed while we were there which was fun. This is a sculpture by one of my favorite artists Roy Lichtenstein.
Is a child's vision of Santa Claus diminished? (Tons of Santa's on the streets, was a trip)
Just enjoyed the lighting of this sculpture in the Corcoran.
Portfolio Day is a bunch of colleges around the country that meet with high school students to give feedback on their portfolios. We had 2 students accepted to colleges strictly based on portfolio.
Little coffee sculpture...I was intrigued by this. It was really just a trash can on the street
Camera tag with the kids!

1 comment:

quietandsmalladventures said...

wow, that's fantastic about your kids getting into college, sweet trip! love the pic of the guy hanging the banner, he looks like a gi joe action figure :)