Thursday, July 31, 2008

Art Day 11: Frustration=donkeys


So I gave up on Harper from the beginning. Wasn't in the mood. Maybe later. Then I decided to go to Egon Schiele....drew a whole thing, didn't like it. I think I will appreciate his style from afar...just so far from mine. Then I tried just doing some random guy's portrait...hated it.
So I then went to donkeys. I took this picture in Peru, and decided to make sort of a cartoon version of it. I was so over it at this point, I attacked it with my watercolor pencils. Art month is stressing me now. Creative juices aren't flowing.
BUT, I did figure out stuff about my style thru my frustration: I like nature, shading, more realism, dislike backgrounds, and I enjoy working on weird surfaces. I will still be dedicated to art month because when I set goals I always stick to them (grrr).

2 comments:

Templeton said...

I think the frustration means you are getting somewhere. Nothing worth doing is easy or something like that.

Princess Betsy said...

I really think the donkeys look good. I agree with Temp, though! At least you are learning more about yourself through this process!