Monday, July 21, 2008

Art Day 1: Botanicals

I had some plexiglass saved from my art school days, and decided to break it out. It's a 16"x20" sheet from an old frame, and I wanted to paint it. For those who are local, the guy that paints those cartoons on glass at TenTop was an inspiration. I like the transparent canvas concept. Anyway, I imagined flowers, and decided to paint some that typically decorate our bedroom. First preparing the surface by scrubbing it with a harsh sponge, I painted with acrylic paint so it would stick. I drew a rough outline of where the stems would go and started painting. This was very new to me and I am happy with the results. Day 1 successful!
Sal helping us take a picture.
the project
the inspiration and so you can see what it looks like just on plexiglass.

3 comments:

Templeton said...

Looks good.

Anonymous said...

awesome! love it! creative people rock!

Beth said...

I'm going to my figure drawing group tonight, so that's my art for the day.

I have a piece of plexiglass and I'm trying to do some monoprints. No success yet, but I like your idea of just leaving the paint on there and using as the main surface.

CooL!!!