Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Art Day 10: Charley revised


I totally revised my plan. Started the drawing over. More background, more animals, different raccoon. This is the underpainting. I tried to just paint thick, flat color and my better instincts told me not to. I paint in layers as an artist and teach that way as well. So tomorrow I will paint the one or more layers on top and hopefully be done. You can not see details in an underpainting, it's just to show where colors go and to result in a nice, crisp painting in doing so.
I am not really enjoying this project as much, and looking forward to moving onto Egon Schiele--yeah Beth!! Schiele is another favorite and I've always wanted to try his style.

1 comment:

sarah said...

dood! i love this raccoon! so just hanging. i really like this.