Sunday, September 14, 2008

Entering show


I am entering a juried show for the Tidewater Virginia Art Education Association. One of my personal goals this year is to show my work. So this is my start! The first one is "The Andean Musician" taken in Cuzco, Peru. The second is "Left Behind" taken in an abandoned warehouse here in Norfolk. It's a nod to the No Child Left Behind Act, and how maybe our students who do graffiti and such and are the ones 'left behind'.
I have been thru a lot of stress with school this past week. Photography class has basically taken over my life. I spend at least 3 hours a day working on planning, learning, presentations. I look forward to things calming down. But I did find time to put some work together for this show.
Wish me luck!

7 comments:

quietandsmalladventures said...

Good luck!!! Those look fantastic!

sarah said...

yeah girl! get it!

Anonymous said...

when is the show? I hope you win first! Those photos are great!

Kellette said...

the art show is thru November at the Hermitage....ceremony next Thursday

Kellette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Both excellent submissions!

Anne Laurence said...

Kelly - Love the title of "left behind".....wonder if the left behind end-of-times book crowd will claim it relates to them!