Sunday, August 12, 2007

You're the Insulation

Our condo has been very hot the past couple of weeks, and after thinking and paying someone to come out and tell us there was nothing wrong with our A/C, he suggested we needed insulation. The condo association pulled together and spent 6 hours total, from cleaning out squirrel mummies and old radiator pipes to blowing in recycled newspaper insulation (cellulose) to keep the heat from entering our condo. Life as a homeowner...
Before picture of attic:

Templeton prepping for the start, surrounded by bags of insulation, totaling 50 bags.

Our neighbors Sean and Ben helped us. Sean and I packed this machine called the Cocoon with the insulation, and it grinded it up sending up a hose to the attic for Ben and Temp to spread thru the attic.

The finished product. 9 inches deep, roughly 2000 sq. feet, 50 bags later.

Happy Saturdays! (Sarcasm)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like it was a really fun weekend, but I am not at all jealous! Is it cooling off in your house, at least?

Anonymous said...

That was Stacey, by the way!

Unknown said...

Hahah... quite the handy men you two are .. you should open a side business in insulation!! :)

Anonymous said...

i love your new banner on the top of your page!

Unknown said...

Hahah... I just noticed the banner too, and then I went to say something and Cattina had beat me to it. I love it. I was glancing at the page and realized when I had clicked the back button that I thought I'd seen Temp's face ... ahahahah...... very cool!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I almost failed your quiz. Nice job on the attic temp. Looks like real fun =)