Sunday, August 19, 2007

How many does it take?

Templeton and I went canoeing at Newport News Park. I told him my favorite bird is the Great Blue Heron after seeing them at work. One appeared shortly after that. I took pictures along the resevoir throughout our canoe trip, but then int he parking lot I spotted one along the beachy area. He wasn't as scared as the other ones so I kept getting closer and closer. 22 shots of the one bird later, I have a couple of shots I liked. I am obsessed with taking tons of shots of one subject so I can pick and choose my favorite. After uploading all these pics, I felt it was a shame to never look at all the work that was involved in getting the one shot I was proud of-so I made a composite of every shot, in order, to see the development of one subject and my camera.


I would say this one, number 4 is my favorite.

4 comments:

Templeton said...

It's interesting to see your process and how you go about getting the best possible shot. Digital is so great because it allows you to shoot without consequences.

b rendan said...

i like 14 and 22.

Emilie said...

I like #12 :)

A.P. Cronin said...

6 and 12 are the ones i like.