Friday, March 31, 2006

Just got screwed...

So today I had an appointment with my Masters of Education advisor. I have 2. One for my art ed license, and 1 for my masters in ed. Met last week with art ed advisor, things are smooth sailing. Meet with Masters advisor....she tells me she never gave me the "other part" to my curriculum needed to graduate. Better yet, she gave me the curriculum for secondary education when I am elementary education...A YEAR AGO! I remember questioning it to her, but she said "oh, it's all the same". Of course she doesn't notice until I am a year away from graduating. Basically I have at least 2 more years of school according to her. Having to take statistics, western civilization, etc. But she neglected to tell me this any other time we've met. So now, I have to drop my masters after taking and paying for classes that don't apply to me, and just "graduate" with my art ed license. This woman is not gonna hear the end of this....And she has the nerve at the end of the meeting to say "I know this is confusing." I said "No, it's disappointing because you gave me all the wrong information and now I can't get my masters...thanks."

2 comments:

b rendan said...

whatwhat wHat!!?!? Damn, sounds like someone needs a drink! (just kidding) That is an inexcusable excuse for an advisor.

Gretchen said...

ODU is annoying!!! I would fight that crap girl! Tell them that you want what you took to count in place of other things on your list of classes. I did that when I was there. I made enough noise about courses that I could not get into my last few semesters that they had to make exceptions and let me use classes that I could get into. Go to the dean of the masters program. It is not your fault you were told the wrong things. I seriously hate how ODU does that.