Thursday, November 04, 2010

VAEA Conference 2010

Today thru Saturday I am attending my first state art educators' conference. Today I went to a "whimsical clay workshop." We learned how to make cool clay heads and bodies. Turns out I ended up picking a really cool workshop with a good instructor. Here is what I made, kinda of a cross between an old school bank robber and a french dude! Obviously it's not finished, we had a very limited time, but I know I want to do something similar with my kids!

Tomorrow I am presenting a workshop on making animation cels called "Animate Yourself". I am really nervous, I get nervous about presenting in front of my peers. I feel like they are more judgmental. Plus I don't have the pleasure of running to my cart or closet for supplies I may have forgotten. This project entails acrylic paint, 3 different kids of paper, watercolors, brushes, pencils, worksheets, comic book strips, power point, and even more. I went to the room I am presenting in this afternoon, and it seems big! Here it is below.

I wanted to present to challenge myself. I feel like my lesson is fun and creative and I feel that more teachers need to have fun with more contemporary projects. Most kids are successful at this project, and all come out looking differently, so you can't lose!
Tomorrow I will post some pics of how it went!
Think of me between 1:50-3:50!!

No comments: