Saturday, November 06, 2010

The Conference Conclusion

Me- doing my thing.
So I think things went really well. Everyone showed up, and had some extras that just wanted to watch because it was "sold out" (you had to get a ticket to attend). One thing I wasn't expecting was for people to finish their projects, but most did!
They made their own cartoon character, traced the characters on transparency, painted their characters with at least 2 coats of acrylic paint, then did a watercolor background. The transparency lays on the background and you have an animation cel!
Here are pics from the event:

They all worked, the whole time, and it was really quiet...it was kinda crazy!

In progress...

This one was a little more simple, but she definitely got the gist of it!

One of the finished products. This woman had never made a cartoon before!
 Everyone really seemed to enjoy the lesson and expressed their gratitude for a new lesson in the classroom. I am glad I challenged myself, stepped out of my comfort zone, and I think I have grown from the experience!!

1 comment:

mommo said...

Great job, Kellie! Looks like it was a huge success!