Saturday, January 23, 2010

Witnessed 2 guys get hit by a car


I feel that I am the chosen one to witness horrific events.

Tonight, Templeton and I were walking towards our car on Colley Ave. and 2 older gentlemen were crossing at the crosswalk, and some old dude hit them. They flew up in the air, hit the hood of the car and fell. I swear it was all in slow-motion. They are laying on the ground, and one dude goes "ohhhhhhhhhh" in desperation of pain. It's still going through my head.
I called 911, and fortunately it looks like one dude might have broken an ankle or leg, he also said his hip hurt. The other guy just seemed more shaken up than hurt.
Why am I the chosen one? Well this made me re-live other moments like this in my life.

Like when we lived in Los Angeles, and Temp and were on our way...to our car--again...outside of our house, and we saw an SUV drive-by shoot 2 teens. We jumped in our car, and hid ourselves as the SUV sped by us. We went down to check on the guys, and 1 had a hole in his head where his brains were pouring out. Both out cold. The brain guy was killed, we think the other one probably survived, but was in critical condition. We put a blanket on the dead guy from my car and had a very long afternoon of having to provide statements as the only witnesses.
When my friend Carrie visited me in CA, we were driving on the freeway in downtown, and some dude jumped from an overpass down to the road was smashed dead, blood every where. Welcome to LA--eek!
When Temp and I went to DC (Georgetown), we saw this police dude directing traffic in a busy intersection. We went shopping, walking back the whole block was closed off, he was killed by an SUV. Blood everywhere, his police gear on the ground. It was really sad.
Sadly, there is more, but I am done sharing for now. I don't know why I keep witnessing these things, they give me nightmares for days.
Thankfully, the guys tonite are ok, and the guy that hit them stayed at the scene and felt really guilty.

2 comments:

Templeton said...

It was gnarly for sure.

Unknown said...

Wow Kellie, I remembered one of the LA stories, but had no idea about the others. I'm so sorry.