Wednesday, September 09, 2009

First Days of School

Yesterday I had the first half of my kids. Introduction to Art and Drawing/Painting classes. Pretty cool, one kid got dragged in by the asst. principal, you know that's a good sign! Today had some interesting stories, taught Intro to Art and Photography. I played "get to know you games" in each class, and had some interesting tid-bits about my students:

"My name is ____, and I'm pregnant. I just wanted to tell you guys so you don't ask when you see me getting bigger."

Another game I played in a different class, ask your partner some questions and then report back to the class:

"I asked her if she had any kids, she said no." (he was so serious too)

I have a student that doesn't speak--at all. Physically cannot (also can't write or read or barely hold a pencil). So I asked her some questions, and her responses were with a smile--wild right?

In discussing our class, a student raised his hand asking if he could draw gang signs in my class..."uh no, I'd report you to the police, don't even try".

I am pretty exhausted, but having some great laughs. It's gonna be a good year, just gotta get in the swing of things...

3 comments:

Templeton said...

Lots more crazy stories to come I'm sure.

little bia said...

This was amazing to read. I wish I could have been there. Hope it gets way funnier! Have a good rest of your week. We should get up sometime soon! double date?

Princess Betsy said...

And just think...we have only just begun!