Friday, September 18, 2009

The 4 year old apron

So since I started student teaching, I have been wearing a black apron-for multiple reasons. To protect my clothing, to cover up that random occurance of the fly down (kids will never know), and to separate me from the kids--but in a playful way. I know I look young, especially compared to high school kids, this gives me a little separation of authority.
About 2 years ago, kids just randomly have given me buttons for my apron. The get excited when they see me wearing them, it's fun for me to decorate it. Here are some of the buttons I have gotten over the years, some have fallen off...

These are two of my favorites! Monkey Business and I Found Nemo!

2 comments:

Templeton said...

I like all the paint splatters.

Princess Betsy said...

That is very cool! I am sure they are very proud when you display their gifts!