Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Some of my art

So a little while back I mentioned I was working on a book of experiments. I have really enjoyed this book. It goes everywhere with me in my pocketbook and have had made numerous drawings in it. I had fun making this cover. I was inspired by some wallpaper I found laying around in a classroom. It was beige with a pear. I cut the pear out. I glued the paper down on a pear colored background. Then glued the pear on top. It's basically about 3 layers of a paper on my cover!


I'll do a quick sketch during class of some flamingos I saw at the zoo.
Sometimes when I feel creative but don't know what to draw, I decorate the calendar pages with paper so I am ready to draw when I am inspired!
Today I made an Artist Trading Card. This is what I am going to have my kids make as the year winds down. It's the size of a baseball card. They either create original artwork on it, or put take some artwork they made earlier in the year that they don't like and make new art out of it! On the back they write their name, the medium, the title and the date. And they can exchange them with classmates, other schools, other countries (thinking of that for next year!!!) This is from a photo of a penguin I took recently.

2 comments:

sarah said...

that calender gots a giraffe disease!

Templeton said...

penguin looks rad.