Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Photograms, Scratchboard Art and Printmaking!

My photo kids are basically done with their big projects, so I decided to do fun, experimental projects with them. A while back Temp sent me a link to this site that did photograms of the alphabet, so I did it with my kids and they LOVED IT! Each assigned a letter and to grab any materials to form it. The expose it under the enlarger on photo paper and the shadow creates an image. They develop the picture like normal and out creates an image! The one below is theirs!This next work is scratchboard art. You probably did it in school when you were younger. You scrape away a black surface and a silver surface reveals. This particular piece went in an art show it had rave reviews! I had them cut out a person from a magazine and they had to create clothing and a background with patterns to fill the negative space. This project inspired by Gustav Klimt.
The last ones are linoleum block printing. Students had to pick Charley Harper's artistic style or Pacific Northwest Indian Art to make an animal that includes pattern. They could use up to three colors, and I think they turned out pretty good!





2 comments:

Templeton said...

The tiger face is my favorite. And the Photograms look great.

cattina said...

i love seeing aspiring young artists' work