Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Broken =o(


I broke my pinky and ring finger at my last kickball game...not remembering exactly how it happened but a dude came running into me as I was catching the ball on first...I think my fingers were sticking out from the ball and he swiped or jammed them.
Where the arrows are is where the breakage is. Compare those fingers to the others and you can see the damage. Almost 50% breakage going on. Possible tendon tearing...
I cannot turn my forearm. We don't know why and my wrist keeps collapsing. I have this support in the meantime. Surgery is an option but I said I'd rather try to heal naturally first. She said recovery is usually better w/o surgery. I go back to her Thursday for check-up and see what the deal is with the forearm. From what I gathered, may be long recovery and may have permanent bumps where the fractures are. Rest is my best medicine. No driving or really much of anything--too painful and need to heal.

So if anyone wants to call or hang out at my place...don't hesitate to contact me.

4 comments:

Emilie said...

I hope that time is all you need. I know how much it sucks to not be able to move your arm. I fractured my wrist when I was younger. I couldn't tie my shoes, or put my hair up by myself. It really sucked. I know Temp will be AMAZING at helping with everything. Just hang in there and you'll be better in no time. Thinking about you!!!

emjackson81 said...

I just can't believe you broke your hand to get out of housework...I mean really that's a little extreme.

I hope your healing process goes smoothly, that is a crazy break.

Call us if you need anything, Matt and I are always up for a one armed game night.

Mommo said...

Ouch! You poor thing. Hopefully, this will all soon be just an unpleasant memory.

Take care of yourself and feel better!

{{{hugs}}} (Gentle ones, of course.)

cattina said...

well hopefully you wont need the surgery and it will heal up!