Friday, October 24, 2008

Pinhole Pictures

As you guys know, I am teaching intro to photography this year as well. Our first project was for the students to make their own cameras-- a pinhole camera. The definition of a camera is simply a 'light tight box with a hole in it'. Students brought in toilet paper rolls, shoe boxes, soda cans, tennis balls, you name it. And made a camera out of it.
I was excited about the results of their work, so I thought I'd post some for ya!

This girl got it on the first try, she's super good!
This day was spirit day and all of the kids dressed like nerds, she doesn't normally dress like that! I like the black splotches.
Great composition, not enough value but that's ok. There is no viewfinder, I am impressed by her artistic vision and compositional skills.
I like the diamond shape here and the scratches

Lots of textures!Classic shadow shot!

My kids are restricted to the campus to take pics, but I think they made the most if it. After they developed their pictures in the darkroom, they took their pics, which are first negatives and made them positives in photoshop. If you want to try this at home, feel free to write me and I can help you out. It's a great way to learn the photographic process. Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

Templeton said...

Good Stuff. The nerd and the diamond one are my favorites.

Beth said...

Coooooool!