Saturday, October 18, 2008

Kids Work, Animal Portraits

So this is our first big project of the year. I am teaching students the basics of drawing so they are prepared for the bigger projects later on. I taught how to break down the animal into basic shapes, show textures, and value. Keep in mind these are intro to art students. I am SO STOKED on the results, here are some of them:









I have a teacher site that we are required to have, if you want to see all my students work, here is the link.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

"WOW" heheh :o)

Anonymous said...

I ditto emilie - "WOW"! Very impressive!

the cat is back said...

those are awesome!

sarah said...

love that badger-bear. magic! also, can i just say that this alternate planning block thing is NOT working for me! can i see my counselor for a schedule change?