Sunday, October 05, 2008

Make your own sketchbook!

So because I encourage environmental awareness, I thought I'd teach my kids how to make their own sketchbooks, so they know they don't have to go out and buy one. They can decide how many pages they want, and the sketchbook itself is a piece of art.

I found this step-by-step on the internet, but wanted to try it at home before I had the kids do it. This book has a spine, signatures of pages, inside covers, the works. This should be fun but wild to do with the kids. The binder clips are to hold it together while it dries. I tried to put a link on how to make it, but the link no longer works, if you want directions, you can email me!


The cover, we used wrapping paper, I think the kids will make collages and/or tissue paper.
The inside pages, obviously Christmas paper is all we had!!
Enough ipods right?! Anyway, this is a side angle shot.

1 comment:

sarah said...

i still have those boxes! gotta get it together! dante will totally get snippy with me sometimes! he's crazy and worrisome sometimes too!