Saturday, March 01, 2008

More kids work

I need to kill time between kids building clay and firing the clay so I came up with this little project. Students studied artists Georges Seurat, Gustav Klimt, and Vincent Van Gogh. They were to pick their favorite artist, and make a 5x5 painting using their style-subject matter was their choice. This was to get them thinking of what technique they will use to paint their clay projects, and to really think about texture. I was impressed with the results:Obviously, Seurat was a favorite. Click the image to see a close-up of each.

3 comments:

Mommo said...

Beautiful, just beautiful! A lot of talent in that classroom!

Greenhouse Studio said...

I like the fish again! Particularly the splashy waves and the body movement. Is it the same student who did the spikey clay fish?

Kellette said...

the fish this time was done by a budding tattoo artist. I told him Seurat would be perfect for him because tattoos are a bunch of dots as well.