Thursday, July 27, 2006

Big steps

So Templeton and I have just taken some big steps in our lives. A little over a month ago we got married, and it was just an amazing time for both of us. Really felt a lot of love and support and made it a great experience.
This past Saturday we looked at a condo and both fell in love. We really liked it a lot, and decided to look further into if we could afford it and make sure it was what we wanted. We heard Wednesday someone was putting an offer down on it, so we had to act fast. We figured stuff out and decided to put an offer down ourselves. Yesterday, we got the great news that our offer was accepted! What a huge committment, but exciting at the same time! As of now, we close Aug. 30. THE BIG DAY! It's hard to say "we bought a place" right now, cause we haven't exactly bought it, we are going through the buying process. But we look forward to calling this condo "our own". Templeton and I are thrilled right now, and look forward to having people over at our new place!! I think I am most excited about decorating. Painting, putting shelves up, making rooms flow. I have been dreaming about it the past 3 nights! If anyone has any tips on decorating or painting, please post comments on anything!

Our place would be the upper left one...

4 comments:

b rendan said...

Congratulations! I think you guys should paint the hallway bright blue with tropical fish all over the walls (for Sal); one bedroom black with white (glo-in-the-dark) skulls everywhere and your living room should be bright green with gold colored "$" signs all over the walls, so Templeton is always reminded about money.

Templeton said...

Man, I can't wait. Home ownership has been a dream of mine for so long I can't believe it is finally coming true.

Carol Ann said...

Congrats to you both! As for decorating tips...Go bananas. It's YOUR place & paint is cheap. Also, you can find some interesting housewares/wall art/decorative chatchke's etc. at places like Marshalls & Burlington Coat Factory for cheap. They're not the most chic places to be caught shopping but I tend to find the most ridiculous crap that I need to have collect dust in my house there...Good luck!

Leslie said...

Check out that website - it lets you do somekinda graffitti on your walls. I haven't done it, but I've seen it on extreme home makeover.

http://wonderfulgraffiti.com/index_f.html