Thursday, June 01, 2006

Survey

So I have had this on-going debate on how to change my name when I get married. I need YOUR help. Let me know which sounds better, and why, and maybe that can give me some guidance.

Kellette Anne Elliott-keeping middle name, I think it sounds better, flows better. I am used to writing Kellette A. O'Connor, so easy transition to Kellette A. Elliott, or Kellie A. Elliott. I am proud of my last name O'Connor, and that would kind of make me sad.

Kellette O'Connor Elliott-dropping middle name. Temp likes the sounds of that better. If people try to find me from my past, O'Connor will help that. I think Kellette O. Elliott is funny sounding and looking though. If I go by by Kellie, Kellie O. Elliott. Sounds weird.

5 comments:

Carol Ann said...

I'll throw my hat in the Kellette O'Connor Elliott ring. You'd be a one-woman law firm with that name!

b rendan said...

Honestly, I have no idea, but I have to wonder about who from the past is looking for you. Most people are busy trying to cover their tracks and you want to help them find you! (Kellie Anne Elliott, use that one).

Kellette said...

I think I meant more that for identification purposes...like I do something online a year ago, next month I am Kellie Elliott, and having to go thru the trouble of saying that WAS me...if I have O'Connor in there, there would be less questions.
Also, if old alumni or something tried to find me searching for Kellie O'Connor, they'd be able to find me. But I am still liking the SOUNDS of Kellette Anne Elliott.

Leslie said...

I second Kellette O'Connor Elliott.

Or name merging is popular these days as well. Brangelina, Bennifer, Kelletiot, Kempleton, Templette, ahh the possibilities!

Anne is a pretty middle name though, not like Delma or something.
:)

Gretchen said...

Hey,
I went with the maiden name as the middle and added the new last name. However I did think about this Gretchen R.G.Bierenbaum. Leagally it would have been Gretchen Ryan Gehweiler Bierenbaum. Tons of people have 2 midle names. I felt sad about dropping the Ryan but I just went the traditional route.
Are you all set for the big day?