Wednesday, May 17, 2006

A special Anniversary

Sunday, May 21 is a special day for me. As corny as it may sound, I took in my cat Salvador 5 years ago to that day. Anyone who knows me, knows how much I love that guy, I just can't believe it's been 5 years.

His former owner Suzy came to my office I was working at (she was working for same place) and said that she had a cat that she couldn't have in her apartment she was moving in to. She couldn't find anyone to take him in, and she was going to have to bring him to ASPCA. He was a little older, so she said they may just put him to sleep. Keep in mind, I have hated cats my whole life. Someone says "cat" and I would say "cats are lame, why not a dog" or something like that.

The thought of any animal being put to sleep (that is not ready to) breaks my heart. So I said, let me check him out, if I like him--we'll see. At this time, I was living in the 5 bedroom house (during school year with Rachel), but was basically alone all summer while roommates went home. The thought of a buddy was kind of cool. So I checked him out, and he was super cute. I took him and think it's one of the best decisions I have EVER made. He's travelled the country with me and I can't imagine my life without him now.

Happy Anniversary to me and Sal!

3 comments:

Templeton said...

Happy anniversary guys! I think you guys are both lucky to have found eachother.

Carol Ann said...

I'm glad you figured out that cat's are NOT lame. Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Cats ARE lame, but Salvador looks alright in this picture, I guess.