Monday, May 01, 2006

Just when I think I wanna quit...

So probably everyday I contemplate getting off of myspace. The bulletins get more annoying and repetitive. I don't "blog" on them, I am not trying to "hook up" on myspace. It's just looming in my head, "just in case". Just in case there is someone out there I want to reconnect with, or just in case there is an event I need to be reminded about, or just in case, there is someone that wants to reconnect with me. When Mike Phillips left, that had the same effect on me as it did with Carol Ann and Leslie. That feeling of "how close are we? if one of us left myspace, would we really keep in touch otherwise?"
But then today, Chris Luongo tracked me down, my old buddy from ODU, and that seriously brought a smile to my face. We were in touch a little when we both lived in CA, but it's nice to be connected on a simpler level-myspace. So I guess I am sticking around on there, but I probably will still continue to question it everyday.

3 comments:

b rendan said...

Well, well, well, this topic is certainly getting alot of attention these days isn't it. It makes me wonder. I think all of us in question, might just be due for a drastic renovation of out "pages".

Templeton said...

THe MySpace topic comes up again on the blogs in my friend circle. makes me wonder if I shoudl start a myspace profile for MostlySkateboarding so that I can post about it.

Carol Ann said...

Damn myspace! Scourge of our generation! I do agree with what Temp commented to my blog on myspace, it's nice to have a little placeholder in case people want to get in touch with you. Chris Luongo! See, that's nice. A girl I went to elementary school with found me the other day, which was weird and cool at the same time. Even if I didn't have a ton to say to her.

So what's the answer? We all seem to be torn up about this.