Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Homemade Christmas Gifts

This year, Templeton and I had the idea of making a lot of our Christmas gifts for our family. If you have been following my blog at all, screen printing has been a hobby of mine lately. So I decided to screen print some gifts. Other gifts not shown are a photo book of photos from Thanksgiving for my grandmother and parents. A watercolor portrait of my newest nephew for my brother. And a favorite photo I took of my niece and nephew printed on a large canvas for Temp's sister. Maybe you will get some ideas!
Custom stationary. I designed the art for our mom's. Temp did most of the screen printing.
A close up. Floral pattern inspired by the Art Nouveau movement and their initial in an oval. Designed in Photoshop
Custom totes. My parents love their Great Pyrenees, and mom mentioned needing some bags to carry little things. The canvas material didn't take to the ink as much as I had hoped, but it worked.

The letter "o" for O'Connor

My dad adores his dog, so I designed and printed 2 t-shirts for him.

1 comment:

Templeton said...

The hardest part of printing the cards was getting the proper registration.