Friday, May 08, 2009

Mental Health Day

So today I took a mental health day. I have found myself on edge with the kids and their immature behavior. They have standardized testing, lots of family issues (lots of murders lately of family members), so they are acting out. Immature behavior drives me nuts, along with it bothering all of my co-workers. So I decided before I overreact, I will take a day off for me. I have seen my fellow teachers exhausted, drained, and OVER the edge, and I don't want to get to that point.
Mental Health Day.
I wake up, and have super bad stomach ache....turns out to be bladder infection. SO, my sick day truly is a sick day.
Fortunately I get medicine in my system quickly. Curl up in bed with my Salvador and try to sleep away the pain.
Wake up, feeling alright, but not wanting the pain to ruin my day.
Make plans to go out to lunch with husband.
Determined to go for a run.
Got new running shoes (after trying to run for weeks in 5 year old walking sneakers!!)
Deciding if I want to run a half-marathon with my buddy Cattina.
Went for the run, feel energetic now, but still in pain. Took long shower.
Gonna make some art, go out to lunch with hubby, and hopefully get the most of my day with as little pain as possible!

1 comment:

cattina said...

hope you decide to do it...its motivating to have others do it too!