Friday, May 15, 2009

Blood poisoning....again


The lesson, if you think you should go to a doctor, go...

About 14 years ago, I experienced something very scary in my life. I had this red blotchiness on my chest, kinda looking like a rash. It took me a while, but finally I told my mom and she took me to the doctor. The doctor was concerned, it turned out to be an infection in my blood stream. I got a shot in my booty, and was sent home. Within a couple of days, the redness worsened, I lost feeling in my arm, and the redness became burning hot.
I was rushed to the hospital, and for a couple of days, I had to have drugs pumped in my system about every three hours in my thighs and buttcheeks (not fun). Basically this blood infection which turned to a poison was taking over and obviously very close to my heart.

4 days ago, this redness reappeared. You want to believe it's a rash or a bug bite, but today I found out it wasn't. I had the blood poisoning again. I started to freak out a day ago when it turned in into the line that traced my vein in my chest. It started with a red lump. I went to the emergency care today and they freaked out. They knew exactly what it was and had to get antibiotics in my system again (in the booty again--I'm in SO much pain right now!) . I will be on them for a while, and hopefully this time it will go away. I am a little freaked out, I pray that the antibiotics kill it this time.

These experiences really are eye-opening and makes me trust my instincts a little more.

6 comments:

Templeton said...

I hope the shot kills this thing.

b rendan said...

Hope everything is alright-

Emilie said...

I hope you start to get better SUPER fast!!

Carol Ann said...

did you get bit? what is the source? hang in there!

M. said...

My skin has been itching the last 3 weeks from an allergic reaction to a new lotion that contains SPF (which I already knew I was allergic too but I was compelled to try it anyway). Two days after using it I broke out in the usual body rash I always do after using non zinc SPF. The rash is pretty much gone but I'm still itching. I've been meaning to go get checked out by a dermatologist, maybe I should now.

Kellette said...

Carol Ann: It turns out it's dead blood cells that clump together and poison your body!?

Maricel: I actually can't wear any lotions or soaps with fragrance, or I get a rash. You might want to try fragrance free products like Aveeno, they work great. The blood poisoning isn't itchy, it's hot to the touch, because it's an infection...I would try fragrance free stuff first!