Saturday, November 29, 2008

Tree Painting


I received a book of watercolor paper, technically it was called a block of watercolor paper that you have to use a knife to cut out each page from my mother-in-law. I was excited to use some paper, and I came up with an idea to paint one large tree and have it pass thru 3 pieces of paper kind of like a triptych. Temp and I went canoeing in southern Virginia to find the largest bald cypress in the state. This was a painting of a photograph I took of that tree.

PS Now that I have posted it, I am finding some parts I don't like so there may be some revisions!!

2 comments:

Templeton said...

I think it looks great.

Unknown said...

I have always LOVED paintings that are broken up! It just looks so artistic and to me personally is pleasing the eye!! Great job!!