Tuesday, November 04, 2008

A Shopper's Diary

On this Election Day, a day for big decisions...I ponder the jacket.

I had the day off, school was optional for Norfolk---uhh duhhh! So I slept in, had lunch with the husband, and headed to the mall.

Goal: Find a fall/spring jacket.

So I went to H&M, didn't find anything I was pleased with. So then I remembered I had store credit at Dillards from a year ago. I walk into the store and it's heaven. Tons of jackets and coats. I tried on maybe 10, then I tried on this one and fell in love. It's flattering, funky and the style I like.

Oh, but it's a COAT! I figured out in walking to my car that waist-length outerwear does not equal jacket.

I have a long black coat already that I got a year or 2 ago on clearance. It feels a little formal. Now I have got this one but I still spent a pretty penny on even with the discount. Do I keep it cause I am stoked on it? Or do I return it and get a stupid jacket. Coats just look so cute! I will have to discuss with husband, if you have any opinion let me know....
(and yes, i am thankful this is the kind of dilemma I am facing at this point in my life)

7 comments:

Princess Betsy said...

Keep the coat! It looks totally cute in the picture!

Anonymous said...

Does a mom's opinion count? I LOVE the coat! Keep it - treat yourself!

quietandsmalladventures said...

keep it!! it's sooo cute :) when it gets really cold, layer!!... or decided it perfect until it drops to X degrees outside or is cold and rainy. that usually leaves most of fall/winter to wear it and maybe a month that it's too cold for it :)

Templeton said...

Keep it. It looks cute on you.

Anonymous said...

Keep the Coat!! Its nice to splurge on yourself every once in awhile. Plus, its Super Cute!

Unknown said...

I know I am a little late in the game ... but you should keep it for sure!!! It is super cute, and it just looks like it's made for you!!

Anonymous said...

Keep the jacket! After all your husband even agrees that you should do so. Amy Elliott