Monday, February 25, 2008

Kids Clay Projects

I am very proud of my students-yet again. I wanted to share their clay projects before they have been fired in the kiln. This is them just air-dried. They will go in a kiln for 24 hours at about 2000 degrees, and then the kids will paint them. The project was entitled: Abstract nature sculptures. Students had to pick something natural and abstract from it. If not in form, but color when they paint.



This is a giraffe, was the most difficult one to make, she could not get this to stand upright!



To the left, a new student, little bear with butterfly on his head. Then this other dude made this bust of his dog...I love it!
This is a blowfish, definitely good enough to go in a show. As long as she paints it well, she's good to go!
Surfer dude made that wave on the left, in the middle are cherries, and elephant to the right.
Crazy tree there, great textures for sure! First project this kid has done ALL YEAR! Bear next to him, pretty simple.
Cool fish!

4 comments:

Templeton said...

Pretty darn impressive

A.P. Cronin said...

you have good reason to be proud of them--and of yourself. These are really good.

Unknown said...

Christopher and I checked thes out - he likes the fish

Mommo said...

WOW! I am impressed! You are doing a terrific job with these kids! I'm proud of you, and you should be proud of yourself (and those kids!)

I love the dog bust and the teddy bear/butterfly.

Thanks for sharing!