Monday, November 12, 2007

Good news!

Salvador had a little scare. He has had a heart murmur since I have had him, but his last annual check-up gave us some scary news. The doctor suggested that we get an ultrasound of his heart, and that "she" would be concerned if it were her cat.
I made an appt. with a cardiologist, and today we went. Sal definitely has a heart murmur, but it's not too serious right now. We expected at least he would start medicine to stop the progression of his cardio-myopethy, but she said we didn't have to. Eventually it will progress, but we are fortunate it's not too bad right now. Because he has had this his whole life, he will probably live a lot longer. The typical cat is diagnosed/or develops this at around Sal's age now (middle age) and don't have much more life to live. But Sal is doing ok, and I am very pleased!! Those of you who have pets, make sure to do the annual exam, you could prolong or save your animal's life!

7 comments:

Templeton said...

I'm so glad the little dude is OK.

Anonymous said...

yay...long live slavador!

Unknown said...

I am praying for Sal that he lives a much longer and equally as happy a life!! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear Sal is doing well! I've thought about him many times since you told me about his murmur at bowling. I'm glad you got good news!...Stacey B.

Kellette said...

thanks guys, it's so nice to have such caring friends!

sarah said...

poor little kitty cat! viva la salvador!

davidson said...

i hope everything works out for him. he is a very chill cat, and i've enjoyed the times we've hung out.