Monday, October 09, 2006

The Fasting Log

So tomorrow I have to have a little minor surgery/procedure to hopefully rule out some diseases. I have been suffering for a long time with bad stomach pains, went to the doctor, and they want to check my insides. A part of me wants to know a tiny something is there that can be fixed super easy, just so everything goes away. But on the other hand, if nothing is there, they will give me medicine the rest of my life and that should help. I have had these pains for 14 years and never had it checked out, so wish me luck!
I have to fast starting this morning until tomorrow after my procedure (10am). The crazy thing is, is that I am hypoglycemic. (Meaning I have to eat every couple of hours to keep my blood sugar leveled or I get really weak, dizzy and sometimes faint). I can have liquid stuff like Jell-o, Chicken Bouillon, but nothing of substance. So I thought I'd journal throughout the day on how I feel! I have to go get bloodwork done this morning, run and errand, then I think I will submerse myself in TV, cause I THINK, the more I move around and burn calories, the quicker I will get hungry. My theory...we shall see....

Log 1: 9:07am. Had lots of dreams last night about almost accidentally eating. Haven't eaten anything, just a sip of water. Not feeling hungry. Will bring a bottle of lactose free "Boost drink" to hospital to get bloodwork. Feeling AOK at this point. Last night, knowing about the fasting, we went out to dinner and I ate way more than I wanted to. Had 4 slices of Cogen's pizza, half a caesar salad, apple sauce, and mini-3 musketeers bar. Desperation I guess....

No comments: