Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Working on my art

So with the stresses of my last job, I never felt like I had enough energy to work on my own art. Only on vacation. So I made a list of what I wanted to do in the summer. One of my goals was to make an art website. I dabble in multiple forms of art, but photography really is my passion. I remember taking my first artistic photograph in 6th grade, and from then on, religiously taking a camera every where I went. So in the last week, I put together my photo portfolio website. My new teaching position is head of the photo dept of my school. I will be teaching foundations of photography, advanced and AP. I really feel my personal passion for photography has led me to this position. So I am really excited! Another art goal on my list was to screen print more. On my last little road trip, I realized I have an affinity for old trucks, farm equipment, etc. Funny that I grew up in more of a city!! I just love the rugged nature of those vehicles, and sometimes fantasize about having my own old pick-up truck! So my next series, I would like to make some designs reflecting my fascination with the antique vehicles. Coming soon!

1 comment:

Templeton said...

I had a grey 110 camera like that.