Tuesday, January 04, 2011

My students really inspire me

My Drawing and Painting students have really stepped it up this year. Their assignment: follow the Chuck Close style of using a grid to enlarge a photo, and how he takes a picture of his subject similar to a mugshot. Then they were allowed to use any medium besides acrylic paint to color it. Here are some of the results (the pictures seem a little distorted, somehow going into blogger it did this, but you get the point):
He asked me if I could print his picture looking like a heat sensor--awesome. Oil Pastels

He wanted an old feel-Watercolor and gouche


I asked "why do you want to change the colors?" she said "I want to be different" enough said-watercolor

I have a dark side, and a light side...I am from Trinidad, I tapped into that-pencil

this is 16"x24"...the picture doesn't do it justice-chalk pastel

also 16"x24"-marker dots--this girl has patience!



1 comment:

Templeton said...

The pencil one is really good.