Thursday, July 23, 2009

Update on fingers, 3 1/2 wks. in

I went to the hand surgeon yesterday, and it seems the fingers are starting to heal--slowly. I was concerned about the constant pain still and she said with all of the tendon damage and fractures, it's understandable. I need to rest. No walks, no activities, when in doubt--chill. I don't see her for another 3 1/2 weeks, and she wants me to stay in the splints. I can take them off for showers which was a scary- relief. I took my first one tonight, and a the dead skin was pooling up, it was kinda gross! I washed the hand gently and rubbed with witch hazel afterward. It feel good to have air to it and clean it. It's weird cause the area is really white and my nails haven't grown at all. Good news, at this point, no surgery!!

The picture is what it looks like today. The red spots are where the fractures are.

Please send good waves my way that these start to heal quickly!!

1 comment:

sarah said...

Thank God you're doing it the right way. My friend Holly broke her finger once and didn't do anything about it and it's been wonky for life! Hang in there!